Savory Turkey & Pumpkin Chili
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
- 1 pound ground dark meat turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin puree
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Sour cream and pumpkin seeds, for serving
WHAT YOU DO
- Heat lemon garlic in a large skillet, add turkey and onion. Season with salt and pepper and cook, tossing, until turkey is browned.
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, combine turkey and onion with the garlic jalapeno, pumpkin, chicken broth, beans, pumpkin pie spice, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper.
- Set on low and cook for 6 hours, or high for 4 hours. Serve hot, with sour cream and pumpkin seeds.