Fresh asparagus, how we've missed you......spring is finally here! While we're very busy outside soaking up some much needed vitamin D, we managed to crank out this amazing meal that came together in the blink of an eye.
Makes 4 servings
What you need
1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken cutlets
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons Tessemae’s Pantry Ranch Vinaigrette
4 ounces pancetta, finely chopped
1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
zest of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
What you do
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, then drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the Green Goddess.
- Heat a large cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until cooked through, or about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from pan and reduce heat to medium. Add 2 more tablespoons Green Goddess to pan. Add pancetta to pan and cook, stirring often, until crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus to pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until crisp tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in lemon zest, pine nuts and parsley and cook until warmed through. Serve asparagus mixture over chicken.