We love sheet pan dinners this time of year! So easy to toss together and so delicious. This one happens to combine some of our favorite flavors and be naturally Whole30 complaint!
1 large celeriac root, about 1 pound, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
2 large or 3 small parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon Tessemae’s Balsamic
1 teaspoon Italian seasonings, divided* see ingredient note
¾ teaspoon salt, divided
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
2 large apples, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
1 12-ounce package fully cooked chicken apple sausage, cut into rounds
2 cups baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss celeriac and parsnips in a bowl with 2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Balsamic, ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and transfer to the oven. Bake, stirring twice until starting to soften, 14 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss apples, sausage, 2 tablespoons of the remaining dressing, the remaining ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper in the bowl.
- When the timer goes off, stir apples into the celeriac mixture. Bake, stirring occasionally, until the celeriac and parsnips are tender, and the apples are softened about 15 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven, add spinach and the remaining 1 tablespoon Tessemae’s Balsamic. Toss to combine. Spread out and return the sheet pan to the oven to allow the spinach to wilt, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot.