These harissa spiced meatballs roast on sheet pans with plenty of tasty Summer veggies, for a delicious complete meal. Roasting concentrates the flavor of the tomato and eggplant, making them extra sweet and savory. Bonus, these make a great meal prep recipe to save and serve on salad. In fact, make that lunch into a picnic and go #eatoutside!
Makes 4 servings
What you need
5 tablespoons harissa paste
1 large egg
½ cup almond flour
1/3 cup chopped parsley
6 tablespoons Tessemae’s Green Goddess
1 tablespoon Tessemae’s Slow Roasted Garlic
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pound ground dark meat turkey
1 cup mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
1 onion, trimmed and cut into ½-inch slices
1 small eggplant, trimmed and cut into ½-inch pieces
1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained (optional)
salad greens, for serving
What you do
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees. Stir together 3 tablespoons of the harissa, egg, almond flour, 2 tablespoons Green Goddess, Slow Roasted Garlic and salt and pepper until well blended.
- Add ground turkey and work it into harissa mixture until well blended.
- Divide tomatoes, onion, eggplant and chickpeas between 2 large rimmed baking sheets and drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of the Green Goddess and harissa, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat.
- Roll meatball mixture into golf ball-sized balls; place them on baking sheets, on and around veggies.
- Bake meatballs until cooked halfway through, about 20 minutes, rotating pans halfway through cook time.
- Remove pan from oven and move oven rack to uppermost position; heat broiler. Return one pan to oven and broil meatball mixture until lightly browned, rotating pan if meatballs are browning unevenly, about 4 more minutes; repeat with remaining pan.
- Serve meatballs and veggies alongside salad greens.