Shrimp Scampi with Lemon, Arugula & Peas
This Shrimp Scampi recipe is so much easier than you think! We used Cappellos grain free pasta for this big bowl of lemony garlicky shrimpy love!
Makes 4 servings
What you need
18 ounces (2 packages) Cappellos Fettuccine or other fresh pasta of choice
1 ¼ pounds large shrimp (26-30), peeled and deveined
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
½ cup chicken broth or dry white wine
1 lemon, zested and juiced
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup fresh or frozen peas
1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
¼ cup chopped parsley
5 oz baby arugula
What you do
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook fettucine according to package directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water.
- Heat 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic in a large non-stick skillet over medium high. Add the shrimp in a single layer, season with salt and pepper and cook, without turning, until golden brown underneath, 1-2 minutes. Turn over and cook, tossing until almost cooked through, about 1 minute more. Transfer to a plate.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon Lemon Garlic and the sliced garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Very carefully (oil may splatter) stir in broth and lemon juice and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and swirl in the butter until melted.
- Return to medium heat and stir the peas, scallions, and parsley into the sauce. Scrape the shrimp along with any accumulated juices into skillet and toss to coat.
- Toss in the fettuccini and if needed, some of the reserved pasta water to loosen. Top with arugula and serve.