That's right—nachos for dinner. No apologies here, everyone. There's plenty of healthy protein, veggies and deliciousness going on so go ahead and embrace this. A word to the wise—don't hold out hope for any leftovers.
Makes 8 servings
What you need
2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
1 green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 small zucchini or yellow squash, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup sliced mushrooms
3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
½ cup Tessemae’s Matty’s BBQ Sauce
10 ounces grain-free tortilla chips (we like Siete)
1 cup grass-fed cheddar cheese (optional)
½ red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup cilantro leaves
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup Tessemae’s Avocado Ranch
What you do
- Heat oven to 375. Heat 1 tablespoon Lemon Garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and squash to pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes. Remove veggies from pan.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon Lemon Garlic and mushrooms to pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 6 minutes. Stir mushrooms into pepper mixture.
- Stir together chicken and Matty’s BBQ sauce.
- Spread chips on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with veggie mixture and chicken, then top with cheese, if using. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove chips from oven and sprinkle with onion, cilantro leaves and scallions. Drizzle with Avocado Ranch.