Keepin' Recipes Real with Christie Vetter
I'm a big fan of combining sweet and cooling flavors with a little heat, and this Whole 30 Sweet & Spicy Street Steak Taco recipe, topped with sliced pineapple, cucumbers, avocado, and Tessemae’s Habanero Ranch slaw, accomplishes that perfect end-of-Summer combo. This is an easy to customize recipe as well, and is equally delicious when served with white corn taco shells, or on top of a salad.
WHAT YOU NEED
2 lbs flank steak
sea salt to taste
2 tbsp avocado oil
1 Taco Seasoning Packet (We like Whole30 Approved Siete Brand Taco Seasoning)
3 tbsp Tessemae’s Habanero Ranch
1 12 oz bag of organic coleslaw mix
1 cup diced avocado
1 cup sliced mini cucumbers
1 cup pineapple chunks
large leaf lettuce such as Bibb or romaine
Tessemae’s Cilantro Lime Ranch
WHAT YOU DO
- Let steak sit for 20 minutes out of the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Pound both sides of flank steak with meat tenderizer tool, and season with sea salt to taste
- Sear steak on grill, around 4 minutes on each side.
- Preheat cast iron skillet to medium high heat and heat avocado oil.
- Slice steak into 1/2 inch cubes and place in a single layer in heated skillet. Let brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Drain.
- Reduce heat to low, follow directions on taco seasoning packet, and add to meat mixture. Let simmer for up to 5 minutes for optimum flavor.
- While cooking meat, stir Habanero Ranch dressing into the coleslaw mix.
- Dice the cucumbers, avocado, and pineapple.
- Layer meat, coleslaw, and toppings inside lettuce leaf, using it as a taco wrap. Drizzle with Cilantro Lime Ranch.