Happy National Hot Dog Day! Of course, our Ketchup is a hot dog staple, but this chili made with our BBQ will take it to the next level. Paleo or not, these sweet potato "buns" are more than just a gimmick. They make these dogs into a full, clean meal.
What you need
For the Dogs:
3 sweet potatoes
6 hot dogs (we love Applegate!)
3 tablespoons Yellow Mustard
shredded grass fed cheese (we love Kerrygold!) (not if you're on Whole30!)
For the Chili:
1 pound ground beef
coasre salt and ground pepper
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 bottle Matty’s BBQ
What to do
- Heat your oven to 425. Place the potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and rub with the oil. Bake until tender, about 45 minutes.
- In a Large Dutch oven combine the ground beef, onion, garlic, and BBQ over medium high heat. Cook, stirring, until beef is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Stir in ¼ cup water, reduce heat and continue to cook until flavors meld, about 10 minutes more.
- Halve the sweet potatoes and scoop out about some of the flesh. (Save for another use.) Grill the hot dogs.
- Just before serving: Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet, cut side up and broil quickly to heat through.
- Place a hot dog in each sweet potato halve. Top with the chili, yellow mustard, and cheese if using.