Spaghetti Squash with Sausage & Broc Rabe
It's no secret. We heart spaghetti squash! (Especially this one, oh and this one.) This year's must-have recipe with our Classic Italian really hits the spot. Have you seen all of the crazy cool gourmet sausages popping up? We used Gilbert's pre cooked Caprese Chicken Sausage today. So fast and delicious!
What you Need
1 large or 2 small spaghetti squash (about 2 pounds)
2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
4 tablespoons Tessemae’s Italian
1 pound cooked chicken sausage, sliced (we used this one)
1 large bunch broccoli rabe, cut ½ inch crosswise
What to do
- Heat your oven to 400. Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Rub the insides with Lemon Garlic and season with salt and pepper. Place cut side down on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Roast until very tender, about 35 minutes. (Test the tenderness with a paring knife; it should easily pierce the squash.)
- Remove the squash and let cool until it’s easy to handle. Use a fork to scrape out the crosswise strands into a bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons Italian in a large skillet nonstick skillet over medium. Add the sausage and cook, stirring, until browned about 2 minutes.
- Stir in half of the broccoli rabe. Cook, stirring, until wilted enough to fit the other half. Season with salt and pepper and cook until all of the broccoli rabe is wilted.
- If it can fit in your pan, stir in the spaghetti squash, drizzling with the remaining Italian. You can also toss the spaghetti squash with the Italian and spoon the sausage and broccoli rabe over top.