Lemon Garlic Chicken & Artichokes
This one pan roast is perfect for early spring. We can't get enough of all the delicious artichokes and asparagus starting to show up in markets!
What you need3 globe artichokes or 12 baby artichokes (see tip at bottom)
12 ounces baby new potatoes, halved if large
1 bunch broccolini, ends trimmed
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 lemon, quartered
6 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
1 whole chicken, cut up into 8 pieces, or bone in skin on 8 chicken thighs
¼ cup fresh tarragon leaves
What to do
- Heat your oven to 425. Prep the artichokes (see tip below).
- Toss the artichokes, potatoes, broccolini, garlic, and lemon, on a large rimmed baking sheet. Season the veggies with salt and pepper and toss with 4 tablespoons Lemon Garlic. (These veggies will form the “rack” to roast the chicken.)
- Place the chicken on top of veggies. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic and season with salt and pepper. Roast until the chicken skin is golden and a thermometer registers 165 when inserted in the thickest part of the thigh, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the tarragon over the dish and divide the roasted lemons among the plates so you can squeeze them over the chicken.
Tip: If you can’t find fresh, look for frozen halved baby artichokes.
- For baby artichokes: Remove tough outer leaves. Use a small knife to peel away the outer layer of the stems. Halve and scoop out the chokes.
- For globe artichokes: Check out this link. Once you peel and trim the artichokes, quarter the hearts.