This one pan roast is perfect for early spring. We can't get enough of all the delicious artichokes and asparagus starting to show up in markets!
What you need
3 globe artichokes or 12 baby artichokes (see tip at bottom)
12 ounces baby new potatoes, halved if large
1 bunch broccolini, ends trimmed
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 lemon, quartered
6 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
1 whole chicken, cut up into 8 pieces, or bone in skin on 8 chicken thighs
¼ cup fresh tarragon leaves
What to do
- Heat your oven to 425. Prep the artichokes (see tip below).
- Toss the artichokes, potatoes, broccolini, garlic, and lemon, on a large rimmed baking sheet. Season the veggies with salt and pepper and toss with 4 tablespoons Lemon Garlic. (These veggies will form the “rack” to roast the chicken.)
- Place the chicken on top of veggies. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic and season with salt and pepper. Roast until the chicken skin is golden and a thermometer registers 165 when inserted in the thickest part of the thigh, about 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle the tarragon over the dish and divide the roasted lemons among the plates so you can squeeze them over the chicken.
Tip: If you can’t find fresh, look for frozen halved baby artichokes.
- For baby artichokes: Remove tough outer leaves. Use a small knife to peel away the outer layer of the stems. Halve and scoop out the chokes.
- For globe artichokes: Check out this link. Once you peel and trim the artichokes, quarter the hearts.