We made this spring hash with Easter brunch in mind. Bacon, crispy potatoes, and the season's first asparagus should make everyone pretty happy. Bonus? We tested it two ways: once with over easy eggs and once using hardboiled. (Our head of Marketing, Todd, is pretty adamant that the only acceptable kind of Easter egg hunt involves hard boiled and hand dyed eggs. Let's hope he uses up this year's leftovers with this yummy dish!)
What you need
4 slices bacon, cut into pieces
1 ½ pounds red skin potatoes, peeled and diced
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch lengths
2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Zesty Ranch Dressing
1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
4 ounces smoked salmon
8 leftover hard boiled eggs or eggs any style
What to do
- Heat your oven to 425. Put the bacon on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until fat is beginning to render, about 5 minutes.
- Toss in the potatoes and roast until just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the asparagus, scallions, and the Zesty Ranch. Roast until the asparagus is tender, about 10 minutes more.
- Remove the hash from the oven and toss in the salmon.
- Serve the hash topped with the eggs and more Zesty Ranch.