This sweet and tart salad is the perfect addition to the rest of your heavy Thanksgiving menu! We've also included prep-ahead tips to make your Turkey Day organization game strong.
Makes 4 side servings
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Course salt and ground pepper
- 2 apples, such as gala or fuji
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- ½ cup sliced pitted dates
- ½ cup Tessemae’s Honey Poppyseed
- Heat your over to 350. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. On the prepared sheet, bunch walnuts close together and drizzle with about a tablespoon honey right from the jar. Sprinkle with cinnamon, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread them out and bake until lightly browned, 5-8 minutes. Let cool. (Can be made up to 4 days ahead. Store at room temperature tightly sealed.)
- Core the apples and thinly slice. Toss with lemon juice. (Can be made up to 2 hours in advance.)
- Arrange spinach in serving bowl and top with apples, dates and honeyed walnuts. Toss with Honey Poppyseed just before serving.