The best part of this flavor packed side is that it can be served cold as a grain salad, or warmed up in the style of a pilaf–it's whatever works best with your Turkey Day plan. Tart cranberries, creamy goat cheese and our Balsamic make this one a must try!
Makes 4 side servings
What you need
- 2 pounds cremini mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 1 cup Tessemae’s Balsamic Dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup farro, quinoa or wheat berries
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 ounces fresh Goat cheese, crumbled
What to do
- Heat oven to 375. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with foil. Toss mushrooms with ½ cup Balsamic, rosemary, and season with salt and pepper. Divide between baking sheets. Roast until dark brow and tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the farro. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add farro to the salted water and simmer until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, then set aside.
- Toss the mushrooms, farro, pecans, cranberries, and parsley to combine. (At this point you can let cool and store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to 2 days.)
- Before serving, toss farro with remaining ½ cup Balsamic. Sprinkle with goat cheese. This dish is great served cold, room temp or even warmed. Up to your personal preference.