Homemade croutons for the win! They are so much easier to make than you think! Add our Creamy Caesar and instantly turn a simple salad into something spectacular and worthy of your holiday table. You have to try it!
Makes 6 side servings
- ½ ciabatta or Italian bread loaf, cut into ½ inch cubes, about 4 cups
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon
- 2 pound brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 cup Tessemae’s Creamy Caesar Dressing
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Heat oven to 375F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss bread cubes with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Bake until golden and tender, tossing once halfway through, 15-20 minutes.
- Grate the zest of one lemon over the croutons. (Save the lemon.) Toss to coat, then let the croutons cool completely. (Croutons will keep in an air tight container at room temp, up to 5 days.)
- Meanwhile, shred the Brussels sprouts. There are a few ways to do this, we love using a food processor for speed, but you can also use a mandolin or, you can cut each sprout in half and the thinly slice crosswise using a knife. (Sprouts can be shredded up to 1 day ahead.)
- To assemble the salad, toss shredded sprouts and croutons with Creamy Caesar Dressing parmesan, and the juice of the lemon to taste (you may only need half.)