Cheesy. Ranch. Potatoes. What else do we need to say?
Oh! How about these mashed potatoes are made in a crockpot so you can keep the burners open on Thanksgiving day, plus kept warm until everyone is ready to eat... It's the perfect dish to bring to a Friendsgiving potluck!
Makes 8 servings
- 5 pounds yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced 1 inch
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- ½ cup Tessemae’s Classic Ranch
- 2 cups shredded gouda cheese (we used Kerigold Dubliner)
- Butter, for serving
- Add the potatoes, garlic, and chicken broth to the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or, on low for 6 hours. Potatoes should be easily pierced with a fork.
- Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes in the crockpot. Add the half and half and the Classic Ranch. Fold the cheese into the potatoes.
- Serve, topped with more cheese and pats of butter. (Potatoes can be made up to 2 hours ahead and held with crockpot on warm.)