What's better than melted butter? Melted butter mixed with our Sweet & Spicy BBQ! It's the perfect counterpart to sweet winter squash. We used mostly delicata squash, which has a beautiful round shape that really stands out on your holiday table!
Makes 4 side servings
- 6 tablespoons butter or ghee
- ¼ cup tablespoons Tessemae’s Sweet & Spicy BBQ
- 4 pounds winter squash (such as acorn, butternut, kabocha, or Delicata)
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. In a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in Sweet & Spice BBQ Sauce until combined.
- Half squashed and remove the seeds. Slice into 1/2 inch thick rounds, half moons, or other similar sized pieces.
- Arrange squash on one rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with half of the BBQ Butter. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Divide between another large rimmed baking sheet so that squash is spread out.
- Roast, turning once, until squash is tender and browned in spots, about 20 minutes. Drizzle with the remaining BBQ butter before serving. (You may need to reheat for the butter to melt again.)