These tasty little treats are sweet and savory, thanks to the combo of roasted sweet potato and our Matty's BBQ. Bonus, they are Whole30 complaint which means they're gluten and dairy free.
Makes 24 servings
1 sweet potato
24 cremini mushrooms
8 oz Italian sausage
3 tablespoons Tessemae's Matty’s BBQ
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat your oven to 400. Place the sweet potato on a baking sheet and roast until very tender, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pop the stems out of the mushrooms. Place the caps on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Heat the sausage in a medium skillet. Cook until browned, breaking up into small pieces, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Scoop ¾ cup of sweet potato flesh into the bowl with the sausage. Add the Matty’s BBQ and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and stir until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into the mushroom caps and bake until the mushrooms are tender and the stuffing is lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Serve hot from the oven.
Make Ahead Tip: Stuff these mushrooms a day early and refrigerate, covered. They will need to bake a little longer because they will be cold, about 20 minutes.