Burgers with Special Sauce & Potato "Buns"
FACT: It's never not time for burgers, especially when they're as good as these. I mean! Potato buns, FTW!
Makes 4 servings
What you need
3 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
1 pound spiralized golden potato noodles
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 eggs, lightly beaten
20 ounces ground beef (we like 80% lean)
1/3 cup Tessemae’s Mayonnaise or Creamy Ranch
3 tablespoons Tessemae’s Ketchup
4 large green leaf lettuce leaves
¼ red onion, sliced thinly
What you do
- Heat Lemon Garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potato noodles and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer noodles to a bowl and stir in beaten eggs. Toss until well blended. Using kitchen shears, snip noodles in bowl to about 1-2-inches in length.
- Place same skillet back over medium-high heat and add another 1 tablespoon Lemon Garlic to pan. Add 1/3 cup potato noodles to pan and flatten. Cook potato noodle “buns” until browned, about 5-6 minutes, then flip, flatten and cook until browned. Remove potato buns to a platter and set aside.
- Meanwhile, divide beef into 4 pieces and shape into patties with an indent in the center; sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and cook burgers until well-browned, about 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook another 1-2 minutes for medium. Remove burgers to a plate and let rest 5 minutes.
- While burgers are resting, heat remaining 1 tablespoon Lemon Garlic in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add eggs, cover and cook until whites are set and yolk is still runny, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir together Mayonnaise and Ketchup. Spread over each potato “bun”. Place 1 burger on a potato “bun” and top with lettuce, a few onion rings, egg, and another bun.