Weeknight Butternut Squash Shakshuka
Yep, today is a super quick & easy shakshuka kind of day. Eggs & tomatoes are perfect for literally ANY meal. And that fresh tomato sauce is three-fire-emojis-good.
Makes 4 servings
What you need
¼ cup Tessemae’s Balsamic
2 Anaheim chiles, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
½ small butternut squash, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 pounds tomatoes, cored and chopped
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
What you do
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Heat Balsamic in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chiles, onion, and squash to pan and cook, stirring often, until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in paprika, cumin and salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring, 2 more minutes.
- Reduce medium-heat to low and add tomatoes to pan. Cover and cook until tomatoes have cooked down, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and using the back of a spoon, make 4 depressions in tomato mixture and crack an egg into each. Transfer pan to oven and bake shakshuka until egg whites are set and yolks are still wobbly, about 10-12 minutes.
- Top with parsley and serve.