Not much to see here, just a casual grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free stuffing that. will. amaze you. The combination of caramelized butternut squash, seared mushrooms and (of course) sage will make this one a keeper. Trust.
Makes 8 servings
What you need
1 cup dried cranberries
1 pound pork breakfast sausage
5 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
4 cups cubed butternut squash
1 onion, chopped
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
3 cups mixed mushrooms, thinly sliced or quartered
2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
¼ cup chopped parsley
2 tablespoons chopped sage
1 tablespoon chopped thyme
2 eggs, lightly beaten
What you do
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Brush a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon Lemon Garlic; set aside. Cover cranberries with very hot water and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble sausage into pan and cook, stirring, until no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Remove from pan to a paper-towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon fat from pan and stir in 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic, butternut squash and onion to pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and apples to pan, season with salt and pepper and continue to cook, stirring often, until mixture has browned, about another 10 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, sage, and thyme and cook 1 minute. Drain fruit and add to a large bowl along with sausage, veggie mixture, remaining 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic and eggs. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake until browned, about 20 more minutes.