Roasted Cranberry Relish
The answer to an amazing Thanksgiving is not your mother’s cranberry sauce recipe. The best part about this new and improved beauty is that you can—and should—make this the day before and re-warm before serving.
Makes 8 servings
- 1/2 cup Tessemae’s Honey Poppyseed or Lemon Garlic
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and roughly chopped
- 2 bags (12 ounces each) fresh cranberries
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3/4 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine ¼ cup Honey Poppyseed and apple in the bowl of a food processor or blender and pulse until well blended and smooth.
- Combine apple mixture, cranberries, shallot, lemon zest, and ½ cup of pecans in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish and stir until well blended.
- Roast cranberry mixture, stirring twice during cook time, until cranberries have softened, about 1 hour.
- Stir in remaining ¼ cup Honey Poppyseed and let sit for 1 hour before serving (it will set up as it cools).
- Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup pecans before serving.