We thought we'd wrap up this Whole30 with a zesty bang—check out the bold spice in this dish. These flavors will have everyone at the table asking for seconds!
Makes 4 servings
What you need
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds)
¼ cup Tessemae's Lemon Garlic
1 onion, finely chopped
1 rib celery, finely chopped
1 small green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and tails removed
4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
What to do
- Stir together paprika, oregano, thyme, onion and garlic powders, and cayenne; set aside.
- Core and cut the cauliflower into large chunks. Scoop about half of the cauliflower into your food processor and pulse until it looks like rice or couscous. Be careful not to over process and make a paste. Transfer to a bowl and continue with the remaining cauliflower.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the Lemon Garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and green pepper to pan and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Move veggies to outside of pan. Add shrimp to center of pan and cook for 2 minutes, flipping after 1 minute. Stir in spice mixture and cook, stirring shrimp and veggies, for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes. Remove shrimp mixture to a serving bowl and set aside.
- Return pan to medium-high heat and add remaining 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic. Add cauliflower rice to pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until cauliflower is tender, about 3 minutes. Serve shrimp mixture over cauliflower rice.