Happy Memorial Day everybody! We know you're going to be firing up the grill later today, so go ahead and whip this up too—you won't regret it. This dish is so yummy , we're not sure if you'll have leftovers to last the rest of the weekend, but hopes are definitely high.
Makes 4 servings
What you need
¾ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 large leeks, white and pale green parts only, halved lengthwise with some root attached
2 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
1 red onion, cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices
1/3 cup toasted chopped walnuts
¼ cup parsley leaves
3 tablespoons chopped chives
Tessemae’s Avocado Ranch, for drizzling
What you do
- Drizzle chicken with ¼ cup Lemon Garlic, sprinkle with salt and pepper and turn to coat; marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush leeks, zucchini, and red onion with 2 tablespoons of the Lemon Garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill veggies, turning often, until tender and charred in spots, about 6 minutes for leeks and 8 minutes for zucchini and red onion. Transfer veggies to a cutting board. Trim roots from leeks, then chop leeks and zucchini into 1-inch pieces.
- Grill chicken breasts until cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Remove to a cutting board and rest for 5 minutes.
- Transfer veggies to a serving bowl and add walnuts, parsley and chives to bowl.
- Slice chicken breast into ½-inch thick slices and add to serving bowl. Drizzle salad with Avocado Ranch and serve.