Is there anything a rotisserie chicken can't do? Here it's transformed into a super-flavorful riff on a gyro. Might want to double up on our cucumber sauce too—people tend to go a little crazy for our mayo & cucumber combo.
Makes 4 servings
What you need
1 English cucumber, peeled
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
6 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons paprika
6 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
½ red onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon minced dill
1/3 cup Tessemae’s Mayonnaise
2 plum tomatoes, cored and thinly sliced
lettuce leaves, for serving
What you do
- Grate ½ of cucumber using large holes of a box grater. Place shredded cucumber in a colander and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss gently and drain for 10 minutes. Gently press to remove excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, stir together Lemon Garlic, oregano, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken and onion in a bowl and drizzle with Lemon Garlic mixture; toss gently and set aside.
- Stir together drained cucumber, dill and mayonnaise.
- Slice remaining ½ of cucumber, then divide chicken mixture, tomato and cucumber slices and cucumber sauce between lettuce leaves.