This skillet meal is perfect for weekend brunch, but easily doubles as a fun weeknight dinner. It's perfect to use up leftover pork (here's an easy one!). If you don't have any leftovers... try a clean label store bought product, or swap in shredded rotisserie chicken!
Serves 2 -4*
What you need:
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups cooked shredded pork
2 cups 1/4- ½ inch diced sweet potato
½ cup diced white onion
1 cup diced red pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
Coarse salt and ground black pepper
1 cup chopped kale
¼ cup chopped cilantro
¼ cup Tessemae’s BBQ
1 avocado, sliced
1 bunch scallions, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, sliced optional
8 fried eggs, optional
What to do:
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium (cast iron works best). Add the pork and cook until warm and crispy, 3-4 minutes. Remove from the skillet and place in a separate bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil and the diced sweet potatoes to the skillet. Cook, tossing frequently to prevent sticking to bottom, until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add onions and continuing cooking, tossing, until the onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add red pepper and garlic to the mixture; season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until the sweet potatoes are softened, about 5 minutes more.
- Add the kale and cilantro to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook until just wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in the reserved pork and the Tessemaes BBQ and cook until heated through.
- Serve in the skillet, topped with sliced avocado, scallions, jalapenos, eggs, and more BBQ on the side.
*Serves 2 as a main dish without eggs, or 4 as a hash with eggs.