This fish taco recipe is totally craveable, thanks to fresh avocado and drizzles of our creamy Habanero Ranch! We coat the fish in a combo of tapioca and coconut flour ad fry it coconut oil The result is tender fish with a crisp coating and delicious coconut flavor... it may just make you dream of margaritas on the beach (like it did for us!)
Habanero Ranch Fish Tacos
What you Need
1 pound halibut
3 tablespoons Tessemae’s Habanero Ranch, Avocado Ranch, or Creamy Ranch
1 cup coconut oil
½ cup tapioca flour
¼ cup coconut flour
8 tortillas (we used Siete Foods) or lettuce leaves
1 cup shredded green cabbage
½ cup shredded purple cabbage
½ cup cilantro, chopped
4 radishes, thinly sliced
2 avocados, sliced
fresh lime wedges
What to Do
- Slice fish into 1 inch wide by 2-3-inch-long pieces. Combine fish and Tessemae’s Habanero Ranch in a large zip top bag. Shake the bag to evenly coat fish and set aside.
- Combine tapioca flour and coconut flour in a small bowl. Add coconut oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the coconut oil is hot (oil should be shimmering, not smoking), remove the fish pieces from the bag a few at a time and coat them in the flour mixture.
- Cook the fish in batches until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Add more coconut oil as needed for each batch.
- Heat the tortillas over a gas burner until charred or wrap in foil and heat in the oven.
- Serve the fish and tortillas with cabbage, cilantro, radishes, avocado, and Tessemae’s Habanero Ranch.