Our mouthwatering chickpea patties are even better covered with our fav Creamy Green Goddess!
1 clove garlic, peeled
1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
½ cup parsley, roughly chopped
½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
1/3 cup almond flour or 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons avocado oil
6 cups mixed baby greens, washed and spun dry
1 European cucumber, seeded if desired, cut into chunks
½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) Tessemae’s Goddess Dressing
- Make Falafel Patties: Set up food processor with steel blade attachment. Turn on and with motor running, drop garlic through feed tube into the food processor. Allow to process until the garlic is chopped, 5 to 10 seconds.
- Remove lid, add in chickpeas, parsley, cilantro, almond flour (or all-purpose), cumin and salt and process, scraping down once or twice until mixture makes a coarse paste-like dough.
- Form falafel mixture into eight patties, about 2 inches.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add falafel patties and cook until browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Carefully flip over and cook on the remaining side until the falafel is browned on the second side, about 3 more minutes.
- Assemble Salads: Divide mixed greens among four plates or shallow pasta bowls. Top with cucumbers, red onion, cherry tomatoes. Add on falafel patties and drizzle with Tessemae’s Goddess Dressing.