Our new Unsweetened ketchup is the perfect dip for these lightly battered fish and chips! We used a combo of tapioca flour and almond flour for a light as air crust that also happens to be Whole30, Paleo, and Keto friendly. While you're at it, grab some of our new Ranch Mayo and serve this warm dish up with double dips!
Makes 4 servings
What you need
2 whole sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon Lemon Garlic
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ cup tapioca starch
¼ cup almond flour
1 large egg
2-4 tablespoons club soda
24 ounces cod fillets
1 cup olive oil
Tessemae’s Unsweetened Ketchup
and Ranch Mayo, for dipping
What you do
- Heat oven to 400. Toss sweet potatoes with Lemon garlic and thyme on a large rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Divide between 2 baking sheets and arrange in a single layer. Bake until tender and browned, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl stir together the tapioca starch, almond flour, egg, and 2 tablespoons club soda. Season with salt. Thin with more club soda if needed.
- Heat olive oil over medium in a Dutch oven or deep cast iron skillet until shimmering. Meanwhile, cut the cod into 8 pieces and pat dry with paper towel.
- Four at a time, dip cod into batter, shaking off excess, then transfer to the hot oil. Cook until browned on bottom, about 4 minutes. Flip over and cook until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes more. Transfer fish to a paper towel lined sheet pan and season with salt. Repeat with remaining fish.
- Serve fish and sweet potato chips with Unsweetened Ketchup and Ranch Mayo.