These ribs are melt in your mouth tender and full of rich slow cooked flavor from our Slow Roasted Garlic. We glazed them with a stir together Gochujang Ketchup, inspired by the Paleo Gochujang Paste that our friend ChihYu made during her instagram takeover.
What you need
3 slabs baby back pork ribs
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1/3 cup Tessemaes Slow Roasted Garlic
1 cup Tessemae’s Ketchup
3-4 teaspoons Gochugaru
(Korean red pepper powder)
2 tablespoons Coconut aminos
1 pineapple, peeled and sliced into rounds
What to do
- Heat your oven to 400F. Season ribs all over with salt and pepper, then rub with the Slow Roasted Garlic. Stack each slab on a large double layer of foil and wrap it up tightly. Put the packages on a rimmed baking sheet (this will catch any juices that escape).
- Roast until the meat is tender, about 90 minutes. To check tenderness, peel back the foil and pry the meat slightly with a fork. It should be starting to pull apart, but still have some resistance. It’s a good idea to check after an hour, then again at 90 minutes.
- While the ribs cook, make the Gochujang Ketchup. Just stir together the ketchup, red pepper powder and coconut aminos.
- Heat your grill to medium-high. Grill the pineapple slices until charred, about 2 minutes per side.
- Take the ribs out of the foil. Coat them with the Gochujang Ketchup and grill just to glaze, about 5 minutes. Serve with plenty more BBQ Sauce.