Soup season has officially returned and we're here for it! Take your classic Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe to the next level with our favorite dressings, Habanero Ranch and Lemon Garlic. This cheesy, savory and spicy soup is perfect for a cozy night in!
- 1 tablespoon Tessemae's Lemon Garlic
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 leek, halved, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 habanero, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 bundles broccolini, ends trimmed
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Tessemae's Habanero Ranch
- 1/2 cup white cheddar
- salt, sugar and pepper to taste
- Heat Lemon Garlic in a Dutch oven or other heavy pot over medium. Add onion, garlic, leek and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until tender, for 3-5 minutes. Next, add the habanero and broccolini. Stir until broccolini is crisp tender and bright green, about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and thyme. Liquid should just cover the vegetables. If it does not, add a little water to cover. Simmer, partially covered, until the broccolini is very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Puree the soup using an immersion blender, or transfer to a standing blender in batches then return to the pot. Return the soup to a bare simmer and add the heavy cream and Habanero Ranch. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese. Serve soup topped with more cheese and Habanero Ranch.