Ham & Egg Fried Rice with Spring Veggies
Fried Rice is our favorite way to use up leftovers (like, ANY leftovers!) Here, we use use leftover Easter Ham, eggs, and a few veggies. Swap in whatever you have on hand- even frozen veggies will work!
Makes 4 servings
What you need4 large eggs
5 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
8 ounces snap or snow peas, sliced diagonally
1 bunch young spring carrots, washed and cut into half moons
4 oz shitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps sliced
1 bunch baby leeks or 1 large leek, dark green removed, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-inch knob fresh ginger, minced
4 cups leftover cooked white rice (see note)
12 ounces diced ham
2 tablespoons coconut aminos or tamari sauce
Tessemae’s Habanero Ranch, for serving
Kimchi, for serving, optional
What you do
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil; reduce heat to medium high. Carefully lower eggs into the boiling water and cook for 6 minutes 20 seconds. Immediately transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water; set aside. (Eggs will be soft boiled, for cooked yolks increase time to 9 minutes.)
- Heat 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic in a large nonstick skillet or seasoned wok over high. Add snap peas, carrots, shitakes and season with salt. Cook, tossing, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add 2 more tablespoons Lemon Garlic to the skillet. Add leeks, ginger, and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in rice and cook until heated through and crisp in places, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in Ham and cook until warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Add cooked veggies back to the rice, (see note) along with the coconut aminos, and another tablespoon of Lemon Garlic. Toss to combine.
- Serve fried rice in bowls, topped with the avocado, jammy eggs, and kimchi, if using. Drizzle with Habanero Ranch.
Note 2: If the veggies will not fit back in your skillet, serve on top of the rice mixture instead of mixing through.