These tangy pounded chicken cutlets are a great Sunday dinner! They marinate in our Yellow Mustard for incredible flavor.
Makes 4 servings
What you need
For the Chicken:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 6 ounces each (or 1 ½ lbs thinly sliced chicken breast cutlets)
2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
1/4 cup Tessemae’s Yellow Mustard
2 cups almond flour
4 large eggs
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
Oil, for cooking
1 lemon, thinly sliced For the Slaw:
1 head radicchio, halved, cored and thinly sliced
3 ribs celery, thinly sliced
3 carrots, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Yellow Mustard
1 tablespoon Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
What you do
- Prep the chicken: Cut each breast in half horizontally with a large chef’s knife. Place between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet until thin.
- In a gallon size plastic bag, mix pounded chicken with Yellow Mustard and Lemon Garlic; season with slat and pepper. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes and up to 1 day.
- Fill one shallow bowl with the eggs, lightly beat. Fill another shallow bowl with the almond flour; season with salt and pepper.
- One at a time, dredge each piece of chicken in the egg and then in the almond flour. Transfer to a parchment line sheet tray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high. Sauté the chicken in batches until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel lined sheet tray or a rack set over a sheet tray.
- Combine all slaw ingredients and serve cutlets with the slaw and lemon slices.