We've cracked the code—the perfect ratio of warm, roasted chicken (yum), homemade, crunchy croutons (double yum) and bright, peppery arugula as a contrast. This is perfect for entertaining, or you know, literally any other time when you need to put food in your mouth.
Makes 6 servings
What you need
1 package chicken pieces (about 3 pounds), excess fat trimmed and wings reserved for another use
4 shallots, sliced
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons Tessemae's Lemon Garlic
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 ounces Italian bread or baguette, cut into 1-inch pieces
5 ounces mustard greens, stems removed and chopped or arugula
What you do
- Heat oven to 475 degrees. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and place on a large baking sheet with shallots. Drizzle with ¼ cup Lemon Garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper; gently toss so everything is coated in Lemon Garlic.
- Bake chicken and shallots until browned and cooked through, about 45 minutes, rotating pan halfway through cook time. Remove from oven, set aside and let rest while preparing the rest of salad.
- While chicken is baking, toss bread cubes together with salt pepper and ¼ cup remaining Lemon Garlic; place bread on a baking sheet.
- Once chicken is finished baking, place bread in oven and bake until toasted, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place greens on a large platter and top with toasted bread. Cut chicken into slices and place on top of salad. Mix chicken drippings with remaining 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic and drizzle over salad.