Roasted Greek Meatballs with Lemony “Rice”
'Tis the season to devour a whole bunch of meatballs because they're soooo good. We gave these little gems some Greek flavor and they couldn't be better. Set aside some for lunches throughout the week and you're set.
Makes 4 servings
What you need
1 large egg
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
¼ cup finely chopped mint
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pound ground turkey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pound cauliflower rice
2 ripe avocados, sliced
What you do
- In a large bowl, stir together egg, half of each garlic, onion, lemon zest and juice, Lemon Garlic, and mint. Add turkey, cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper to bowl, and mix gently with your hands until combined.
- Heat broiler to high and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Form turkey mixture into about 30 balls, about 1 heaping tablespoon each. Broil meatballs until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, turn meatballs carefully with tongs, then return to oven and broil until cooked through, about another 5 minutes.
- While meatballs are cooking, heat remaining 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan and cook until softened, about 6 minutes. Add garlic to pan and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in cauliflower rice, remaining lemon zest and juice, and mint. Serve alongside meatballs and sliced avocado.