We get it, cabbage doesn't exactly make your mouth water. But! You haven't tried this dish yet. We guarantee, everyone will be amazed at the final product—this is serious melt-in-your-mouth, savory goodness
Makes 4 servings
What you need
2 ½ pounds green cabbage, cored
2 onions, thinly sliced
½ cup Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 large eggs
1/4 cup chopped parsley
What you do
- Discard outermost cabbage leaf. Shred cabbage very finely on a mandolin.
- Add onion and ¼ cup of the Lemon Garlic to a large skillet over medium heat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden, about 6 minutes.
- Add cabbage and remaining ¼ cup Lemon Garlic to pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss until cabbage and onion are well blended. Cook, stirring often, until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pan, and continue to cook, stirring once or twice, until cabbage is very tender, about 45 minutes. If pan becomes dry, add water by the tablespoonful. Remove from heat.
- To poach the eggs, bring 2 inches of water just to a simmer in a large skillet or shallow pot (you want bubbles covering the bottom with a few popping up, but not a real simmer). Crack all 4 eggs into small cups.
- One at a time, gently lower the eggs into the water. Let a little water swirl into the cup before you lower the egg all the way in. Poach about 3-4 minutes for a firm white with a runny yolk. Remove from the water to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve each serving of cabbage topped with an egg and drizzled with more Lemon Garlic.
Tip: If you don’t want to poach the eggs, try this with sunny side up or over easy eggs!