As a sponsor of Teri Turner's book tour, we're excited to bring you a recipe from Teri's Whole30 endorsed cookbook, "No Crumbs Left - Recipes for Everyday Food Made Fabulous"!
We just had to try "Teri's Favorite Chicken Salad" with our new, shelf stable mayo. To say it was the best chicken salad we have ever made is an understatement! The peppadew peppers give it such a great tang. And chicken skin CROUTONS?! Just- wow!
- 3 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Cerignola olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup peppadew peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
- bread for sandwiches, crackers, tortilla chips, lettuce cups for serving, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coat chicken with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on prepared sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and baste with juices. Return to oven and continue to bake for 5-10 more minutes, until chicken is cooked through and skin is browed and crispy. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a blender, combine mayo, whole peppadews and brine and blend until well combined. Set mixture aside.
Assembling the Salad
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove skin and set aside. Pull meat off the bones, discarding red pieces, cartilage and any imperfections. Roughly chop crispiest bits of skin and reserve for croutons for the top of the salad. Measure 3 cups of the chicken, reserving the rest for another recipe. (Note- We removed the skin, put it on a sheet pan and cooked it until very crisp- about 6 minutes.)
- Divide the 3 cups of chicken into 2 groups: perfectly moist pieces in one, and dry not perfect pieces in another. Roughly chop the perfect pieces and add to a bowl. Add drier pieces to food processor and pulse for 5 seconds. Add pulsed chicken to chicken in bowl.
- Add the celery, olives, chopped peppadews, onion, chives, salt and pepper and granulated garlic to the bowl, tossing to combine. Top with 3/4 of the sauce and toss well. Add more sauce, if desired. Top with crispy skin pieces.
- Serve with bread, lettuce cups, crackers or chips.