These big batch meatballs are the perfect batch prep for your Whole30! Check out our Spaghetti (Squash) & Roasted Turkey Meatballs and Greek Turkey Meatball Lettuce Wraps recipes. Stash a bag of these in the freezer and keep on hand all month for easy meals! (See our note at the bottom for more great ideas!)
WHAT YOU NEED
2 medium zucchini
2 large eggs
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons Tessemae's Unsweetened Ketchup
3 teaspoons dry oregano
3 pounds ground dark meat turkey
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
WHAT YOU DO
- Grate the zucchini very finely, on the smallest side of a box grater or using a micro plane. You need 1 cup total. Place on a double layer of paper towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the zucchini, egg, Slow Roasted Garlic, Ketchup, oregano, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Add the turkey and mix until combined.
- Use a spring loaded ice cream scoop or heaping tablespoon to form rounded balls of meat and arrange on foil line baking sheets. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To Freeze: Line raw meatballs up on foil lined sheet tray. Freeze until firm. Once frozen, transfer to zip top freezer bags and freeze.
- To Cook: Heat oven to 425F. Space fresh or frozen meatballs at least ½ inch apart on a foil lined sheet pan. bake until lightly browned and an instant read thermometer inserted in the center reads 165F 20-25 minutes.
- To Refrigerate: Cool cooked meatballs to room temp on sheet pans, no longer than 30 min. Transfer to storage containers and refrigerate up to 5 days.
Other ideas for leftovers…
Simmer in bone broth and add fresh greens for a fast soup.
Serve over greens with your fav dressing and for a tasty salad.
Add to a bento box with some veggie sticks and Avocado Ranch for a fast lunch.
Heat in Tessemae’s BBQ and serve with sweet potato wedges.