Getting psyched for your next Whole30 to start in January? Us too! We cooked up this super simple, super delish meal to ease you into the healthier habits coming your way. You can thank us later.
Makes 4 servings
What you need
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic
2 tablespoons freshly thyme leaves
6 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 shallots, peeled and sliced
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound)
What you do
- Heat oven to 400. In a small bowl, stir together thyme and ¼ cup Lemon Garlic. Marinate chicken in Lemon Garlic mixture for about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 400. Heat a large cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook chicken, skin-side down, until crispy, about 6 minutes. Flip chicken over and nestle shallot and lemon slices between chicken pieces. Place chicken in the oven and roast until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is roasting, cook the broccoli rabe: trim the ends off of the stems, then cut it into 2-inch lengths. Rinse, leaving some water clinging to the leaves.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons Lemon Garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli rabe and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until wilted and tender. If it all won’t fit at once, add broccoli rabe as it wilts.
- Serve the chicken, shallots and lemon over the greens. Drizzle everything with more Lemon Garlic.